As I mentioned in a previous post, Nena and I cooked dinner for her parents and some friends last Saturday night. After two days of turkey-centric meals, we decided a small plates/tapas-style dinner was perfect.
After over three years together, Nena and I have finally learned the best way for us to cook together…cook separately. We’re both great cooks…but both like to do things our own way…so we came up with a menu together, split it in half and each took ownership of half of the dishes.
Dishes served included:
- Turkey Jack Quesadillas with Cranberry-Pear Salsa
- Asian Lettuce Wraps with Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Feta-Scallion Dip and Grilled Pita
- Pastry-Wrapped Asparagus with Goat Cheese
- Tomato Bruschetta with Genoa Salami and Aged Provolone
- Greek Salad with Fresh Dill
- Mushroom-Goat Cheese Bruschetta