Sorry for the blog semi-silence over the last few days. We had family in town to watch Jackson for us while we attended the wedding of some great, dear friends on Friday night. A good time was had by all. That’s for sure.
Last night, having partied pretty hard the night before, we wanted a light, summery meal that we could put together quickly. A trip out east to a farm stand and we were ready to go with Nena’s summer pasta.
The ingredients are simple:
- Whole wheat pasta
- Local zucchini and yellow squash that was grilled and chopped
- Local tomato that was seeded and chopped
- Local corn that was grilled and then sliced off of the cob
- Local cauliflower that we roasted in the oven for 30 minutes or so
- Real local basil (from our garden)
Toss it all together with some olive oil that is local in spirit if not geography (more on that this week), some grated Parmesan and for Nena, her sister and her mother, some seared local scallops. They also added lemon. I had hot Italian sausage and red pepper flakes.
Simple, Seasonal. Delicious.
More on the wines we tried later this week as well.