Okay, so I’m a little late pulling this together. As anyone who has hosted WBW knows, the least-fun part about doing so is compiling the roundup post. Sure, it’s fun to read everyone’s submission, but typing them up in one place just isn’t very fun. I wish LENNDEVOURS could afford a free intern. Yes, I know a free intern is free.
Anyway, we had 34 participants this time around (including yours truly). Some of these blogs were, I’m embarassed to say, new to me. I don’t read as many blogs as I used to. But, I’ll be adding several new ones to my Google Reader later today.
Thanks to all who participated for making WBW’s 4th birthday a fun, interesting one. In no particular order (just the order I jotted them down in, really), I give you the
34 40 brave souls who sipped into their wine pasts.
- Wine Biz Radio: Clos Du Val 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Chronic Negress: Bedell Cellars 2005 Reserve Merlot
- Jim Eastman’s Music and Wine: Macallan Cask Strength
- Vinotrip: 2002 Bocca di Lupo
- Walla Walla Wine Woman: Chateau Ste Michelle 2004 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Inquiring Vine: Schmitt Sohne 2005 Riesling Auslese
- Anything Wine: Barboursville 2006 Merlot
- Winecast: Gallo Hearty Burgundy and Sutter Home 2005 Zinfandel
- Vinquire: 4 Different Wines
- TasteVin: Hogue Cabernet Sauvignon
- Able Grapes and Garbled Peas: Ridge 1997 California Zinfandel Paso Robles Late Picked
- McDuff’s Food & Wine Trail: A three-part video clip tour of his wine past which leads to trying V. Sattui Winery 1995 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon “Suzanne’s Vineyard”
- Recently Consumed: Rodney Strong Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- My Wine Education: Gets a little sappy on us, but in a good way
- Wine & Vine BC: Fisherman Riesling
- The Corkdork: 2004 Acorn Heritage Vines Alegria Vineyards Russian River Valley Zinfandel
- El Bloggo Torcido: Curran 2006 Santa Ynez Valley Gewurztraminer
- 2 Days Per Bottle: Manischewitz Concord Grape NV
- A Food and Wine Blog: Apparently does a great video blog that I didn’t know about
- Wine for Newbies 2.0: Geyser Peak 1995 Sonoma Merlot
- Bloviatrix: Martin Ray 2006 Angeline Gewurztraminer and Beringer 2007 White Zinfandel
- Wine Case: Cousino-Macul Antigua Riserva
- Cheap Wine Ratings: Rodney Strong Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- Good Wine Under $20: Larkmead 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Wine Peeps: Columbia Winery 2006 Cellarmaster’s Riesling
- Smells Like Grape Taster A: Chateau Pesquie 2007 Terrasses
- Smells Like Grape Taster B: Angeline 2006 Chardonnay
- Eating Leeds: Peter Lehmann 2001 The Antiquus Old Vines Shiraz
- Indiscriminate Ideas: Cambria 2006 Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Everyday Wine: Penfold’s Rawson’s Retreat 2006 Merlot
- Wannabe Wino: Lucashof 2007 Pfalz Riesling
- 1WineDude: 1998 Opus One
- Wine Lover’s Journal: Gallo 2005 Sonoma Reserve Chardonnay
- Vinomadic: Joins the fray with his WBW 48 post.
- Domaine547: Jill actually did two WBW posts this time around: here and here.
- BroolynGuy: My Loire-loving buddy Neil looks back at Bordeaux.
- Catavino: Can’t believe that I missed Ryan and Gab’s post the first time through.
- BrixChicks: David Bruce 2005 Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir
- Luscious Lushes: Missed this one too. Sorry!
Sorry that I just don’t have the time for witty commentary on each post. Perhaps I’ll revisit some of the highlights (and lowlights) of this list in a future post. If I missed anyone, just shoot me an email and I’ll add you.