Nominations closed last night at midnight for the New York Cork Club 2009 Readers' Choice Awards. All told, over 150 New York wines were nominated by you, our readers and after tallying them up, we have our 5 finalists from the Finger Lakes and 5 from Long Island. Unfortunately, no other region received enough nominations to choose finalists.
The finalist are:
- Anthony Road Wine Company 2008 Semi-Dry Riesling
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards Red Cat
- Heart & Hands Wine Company 2007 Barrel Select Pinot Noir
- Hermann J. Wiemer 2007 Dry Riesling
- Swedish Hill Winery Svenska Red
- Channing Daughters Winery 2007 Meditazione
- Macari Vineyards 2008 Rose
- Paumanok Vineyards 2008 Chenin Blanc
- Shinn Estate Vineyards 2007 Cabernet Franc
- Wolffer Estate Vineyards 2005 Christian's Cuvee Merlot
Voting will begin tomorrow — via an online poll that I'm building today — and will run through the end of the calendar year, closing at midnight on New Year's Eve. Congratulations to the finalists and thank you to each and every one of you who nominated your favorite New York wines!